This website uses cookies to function correctly.
You may delete cookies at any time but doing so may result in some parts of the site not working correctly.


If you need to contact a doctor  when the surgery is closed please Telephone 111. 

Alternatively you can go to the   North Colchester Healthcare Centre o n Turner Road Monday to Sunday from 7am to 10pm   Telephone:      01206 314015

If attending the walk in clinic after 8pm then telephone in advance to ensure there is availability to be seen. 

Useful website:

14. Forms

Here are some of our commonly used patient forms:


Self Certification Sick Note. This is what must be completed if you are off sick for up to 7 days. This form can be downloaded and printed to be given to your employer. After 7 days off sick then you must consult a doctor to receive a medical certificate.

(See section below for further information on sickness certificates.

Change of personal details. This form is to be used for updating the practice of any change of name, address, or telephone number.

New Patient Registration. This form is to be completed if you are changing your doctor and registering with a new practice.

Link to pre-payment Certificate for prescriptions. If you are taking 3 or more prescribed medicines on a regular basis, it is cheaper to buy a pre-payment certificate which allows unlimited prescriptions for either 3 months, or 12 months.

Summary Care Record Opt Out Form. This is to be completed if you wish to opt out of the government scheme to have basic patient information uploaded on to the NHS spine. This will enable health care professionals to access your basic details at other medical points of contact eg A&E


You do not require a doctor's sickness certificate for any illness lasting seven days or less. Your employer may however require you to complete a self-certification form (SC2) which is available from your employer or on the HMRC website.

Evidence that you are sick

If you are sick for more than seven days, your employer can ask you to give them some form of medical evidence to support payment of SSP (statutory sick pay).

Your employer can ask you to confirm that you've been ill.You can do this by filling in a form yourself when you return to work. This is called self-certification.

If you're sick and off work for more than seven days, your employer will probably ask for proof of your illness. Most employers ask for a fit note from your GP.

However, this will also depend on your employer's company policy on sick leave (or sickness absence). This policy should tell you how many days you can be off sick before you need to provide proof of illness or a fit note.

You could also provide evidence from someone who is not a medical practitioner, e.g. a dentist. Your employer will decide whether or not this evidence is acceptable. If your employer has any doubts, they may still ask for a medical certificate from your GP.

Statement of Fitness for Work - ’Fit Note'

The 'fit note' was introduced on 6 April 2010. With your employer's support, the note will help you return to work sooner by providing more information about the effects of your illness or injury.

For more information see the DirectGov website (where this information was sourced)

Call 111 when you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergencyNHS ChoicesThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website